Sensata Technologies announced the launch of its Gigavac GTM400 and GTM500 bidirectional contactors for applications up to 1500 Vdc and 400A and 500A. The new contactors are ideal for high-power applications that require reliable switching and DC circuit protection like energy storage systems, DC fast charging stations, and heavy-duty vehicles. New GTM series excel in performance compared to competition, offering:
- Increased current carry capability (reduced size and weight, increased battery life)
- Best in class break performance (improved safety)
- Advanced arc suppression performance (increased reliability and product life)
- Unmatched short circuit performance (no rupture or fire risk)
- Significant performance/cost ratio when compared to other available technologies
The GTM400 and GTM500 are the first products released as a part of Sensata’s new GTM contactor family which feature glass-to-metal seals (GTMS) – an industry first in contactor design. Glass-to-metal sealing is a technique used to create effective electrically-insulative hermetic seal technology. Leveraging over 50 years of expertise in GTMS, Sensata has engineered its GTM series of contactors to ensure best-in-class performance and reliability.
“These new contactors highlight Sensata’s expertise in Glass-to-Metal technology and our ability to develop new innovative solutions that offer competitive performance and value for electrified applications,” says Justin Colson, Vice President, Clean Energy Solutions at Sensata Technologies. “Our vision is to expand the GTM product family in the future for lower power applications such as AGVs, material handling equipment, 2-, and 3-wheeled vehicles and other EVs.”
If you want more information or if you have any questions, please contact Nijkerk Electronics!