The low-cost, high-efficiency, RPY-1.5Q AEC-Q100 automotive-qualified LED driver from RECOM is now available in a thermally-enhanced QFN package with an integrated shielded inductor and optional ‘wettable flanks’. This feature allows Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) of solder joints, as demanded by automotive customers, avoiding the need for costly and slow X-ray inspection.
The product is just 3 x 5 x 1.6mm but can provide a precision programmable constant current up to a full 1.5A from an input of 4 to 36VDC for nominal supply voltages of 5, 12 or 24V. PWM or analog dimming is possible and an enable input and fault flag output are provided. The device is fully protected against input under-voltage, over-temperature and output short circuits and over-current. Operating junction temperature is from -40°C to +125°C.
While the AEC-Q100 qualification and wettable flanks feature will make the RPY-1.5Q ideal for automotive applications, it is also suitable for general visible and IR lighting use in buildings, drones and robotics, and as a precision current source in test and measurement equipment.
- AEC-Q100 qualified constant current power module with integrated shielded inductor
- 36VDC input voltage buck regulator
- 5A output current with 0-100% PWM dimming
- SCP, OCP, OTP, and UVLO protection
- 0 x 5.0mm low profile QFN package
- Enable, fault, thermal shutdown & soft start functions
- -40 to 125°C operating temperature
If you want more information or if you have any questions about this product, please contact Nijkerk Electronics!