Mitsubishi Electric has announced that it will begin shipping samples of a new HV100 dual-type X-Series high-voltage insulated gate bipolar transistor (HVIGBT) module on May 31st, offering superior power, efficiency and reliability in inverter systems for large industrial equipment such as railways and electric power systems. The dual-type module, which achieves 4.5kV withstand voltage and 10.2kVrms dielectric strength, is rated at 450A, which is believed to be unmatched among 4.5kV silicon HVIGBT modules.
Power semiconductors are increasingly being utilized to efficiently convert electric power in order to lower the carbon footprint of global society, particularly in heavy industry, where these devices are used in power-conversion equipment such as inverters in railway traction systems and for DC power transmission. In response to the growing demand for devices offering high output, high efficiency and wide ranging output capacity, Mitsubishi Electric released two versions (3.3kV/450A and 3.3kV/600A) of its HV100 dual-type X-Series high-dielectric-strength HVIGBT module in 2021. In the near future, the forthcoming HV100 dual-type X-Series module will contribute to even higher output, higher efficiency and improved system reliability for inverters used in large industrial equipment requiring high dielectric strength.
1) Industry-leading current rating for higher output and more efficiency in inverters
- The module’s current rating of 450A, unsurpassed among 4.5kV dual-type modules, will help to increase
the output and efficiency of inverter systems.
- The seventh-generation IGBTs adopt the CSTBTTM structure and the diodes adopt Relaxed Field of
Cathode (RFC) technology, both proprietary technologies that have been optimized to balance high
withstand voltage operation and low power loss.
- Optimized wiring between the main P-N terminals reduces internal inductance for faster switching and
lower power loss.
2) Optimized terminal layout suited to various inverter configurations and capacities
- Optimized terminal layout enables parallel connection and supports various inverter configurations
and capacities depending on the number of parallel connections.
- The package structure, which arranges DC and AC main terminals in opposite poles, helps to simplify
3) Reduced thermal resistance contributes to inverter system reliability
- Integration of the insulating plate and base plate reduces thermal resistance between the junction and
the case to help extend the thermal cycle life.
- The base plate’s uniform flatness and the power semiconductor chip’s heat dissipation reduce the
contact thermal resistance between the case and the heat sink to further extend the thermal cycle life.
Voltage rating: 4.5kV
Current rating: 450A
Isolation voltage: 10.2k Vrms
Dimensions (WxDxH): 100X140X40mm
If you want more information or if you have any questions about this product, please contact Nijkerk Electronics!